Wisconsin Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Hudson, Eau Claire, Wausau, Superior and all of Wisconsin
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident in Minnesota or Wisconsin, and would like to obtain a better understanding of your options regarding pursuing a recovery from the insurance company, you've come to the right place. Motorcycle accident insurance claims and the related negotiation, and when necessary, litigation, are complex. Don't make the error of assuming that any injury lawyer is qualified to handle your case. To get the greatest possible recovery, you are typically much better off hiring a lawyer who has experience in handling motorcycle accident claims. If you have been seriously injured, obtaining the best possible financial recovery to ensure your physical and financial well being after the motorcycle accident is critical.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Wisconsin, recent changes in the law could seriously affect your recovery. These changes in the law are as follows:
- They eliminated reducing clauses, so that insurance companies can no longer deduct the amount of insurance carried by a negligent driver from the uninsured or underinsured coverage purchased by an injured policyholder, allowing policy holders to access the full amount of insurance they have purchased.
- Mandated that drivers purchase auto liability insurance
- Increased minimum limits to require that polices must cover $50,000 because of bodily injury to or death of one person in any one accident and, subject to such limit for one person, $100,000 because of bodily injury to or death of two or more persons in any one accident, and $15,000 because of injury to or destruction of property of others in any one accident.
- Required all liability policies to include underinsured motorist coverage with limits of $100,000 per person and $300,000 per accident.
- Required that the holder of an umbrella or excess liability policy reject in writing an offer of underinsured and uninsured coverage.
- Insurance companies will no longer be able to deny coverage for hit-and-run accidents because no physical contact occurred.
Richard Schroeder is an experienced Wisconsin Motorcycle Accident Lawyer. If you have questions, or need help understanding the process to recover financially from your injuries, do not hesitate to contact us. We are available in person, on-location (your home or the hospital if necessary), or on the phone to help in any way we can.